Sunday, March 06, 2005

Long Overdue Update

Wow its been over a month since I've written an entry. Things have been going well since I last wrote, and perhaps that is why I feel less compelled to rant and rave. First of all, I really can't believe its already March and I'm 3 months from completing my internship! Hooray for me. I can honestly say that this year has been fantastic for me, only in a few occasions have I truly felt stressed out and unhappy. Not to say that my internship is without problems, I feel at times as a transitional intern we can get lost in the fray due to not belonging to any specific department. I must however say that the ICU feels like home to me, now that I've done 9 straight weeks of it. On my hours log I average 70 hours a week, which is great in comparison to any ICUs out there, but I have to say that I've logged a tremendous amount of sleep debt over these months. In general however, my colleagues are excellent, most of the nursing and attending staff in the ICU is excellent, which makes these 630 hours seem a lot more bearable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home